Author Topic: National Hunting & Fishing Days (Avon, NY)  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
National Hunting & Fishing Days (Avon, NY)
« on: Sep 24, 2010, 08:58:28 PM »
Anyone going?

National Hunting & Fishing Days
DEC Region 8 Office - 6274 East Avon-Lima Rd. Avon, NY
Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Ages: all ages

In recognition of National Hunting and Fishing Day the Department of Environmental Conservation and Livingston County Federation of Sportsmen Clubs will co-sponsor the 37th annual celebration of the event. Free public parking will be provided 2 mile east of the site on NYS Routes 5 &20. A free shuttle service is available. Map of the site http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/regions_pdf/r8nathuntfish.pdf

This year's events and displays will include:

* DEC displays and information
    * exhibits and demonstrations
    * art and taxidermy exhibits
    * outdoor and environmental displays
    * trap shooting
    * archery and shooting ranges
    * woodsmen demonstrations
    * canoe demonstrations
    * fish and wildlife displays
    * food tents
    * wildlife artist, painting and carvings
    * 90 sportsmen and outdoor recreation flea market dealers

Free!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: National Hunting & Fishing Days (Avon, NY)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »
Wish it was closer to me!!! Would be cool to go...

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »
There is one west side of Onondaga County today if you're willing to make a drive, plus one in Altmar at the salmon hatchery....
http://www.nhfday.org/Page/Events-New-York.html

There's also some stuff at Bass Pro in Auburn -
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=94&template=listallevents.cfm&storeID=14#52472
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2010, 07:11:21 AM by Chucker »
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:24:54 AM »
The western part of the state always gets the great events!!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
Always went to this great event when I lived in Churchville...loved the buffalo burgers....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »
Saw the buffalo burger booth, but didn't stop.  Only thing I ate was samples from Tony Costanza Sausage (new blueberry maple sausage would be awesome for breakfast or inside of a roast duck!). 

Bumped into someone from work, bought a bunch of raffle tickets,  and picked up a few lures.  Spent some time with the nice folks from Lake Plains Waterfowl Association, bought a set of Ducks, Dogs and Decoys DVDs from them, and signed up a as a new member. 

Sure beats sitting at home on a Saturday!

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2010, 10:26:50 PM »
Saw the buffalo burger booth, but didn't stop.  Only thing I ate was samples from Tony Costanza Sausage (new blueberry maple sausage would be awesome for breakfast or inside of a roast duck!). 

Bumped into someone from work, bought a bunch of raffle tickets,  and picked up a few lures.  Spent some time with the nice folks from Lake Plains Waterfowl Association, bought a set of Ducks, Dogs and Decoys DVDs from them, and signed up a as a new member. 

Sure beats sitting at home on a Saturday!

Awesome Kevin!!!!

Not exactly sure how I can say this without sounding gay, but I like Tony's sausage   ???   :-X  He does make some good stuff.  Blueberry maple huh?  That sounds delish!

I was out shooting geese yesterday and was supposed to work kthe LPWA booth today after church.....problem is it seems I was the only one to sign up or comitt to working the booth today so they decided to fold up shop at tthe end of the day yesterday.

Thanks for becoming a member of LPWA, I am on the board of directors there, but don't let that worry ya any about being a member.  ;D

And THANK YOU for buying our DVD.  I hope you like it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal