Author Topic: Who is getting ready  (Read 3042 times)

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
Who is getting ready
« on: Sep 18, 2016, 05:00:09 AM »
Yesterday got out my camo,hung it in the woodshed,,cleaned out my fanny pack and check out everything in it,extra pocket knife,bandaids,alcohal wipes,glow stick,bic lighter,crap-papper,baggies,zipties,flashlight,foam-seat,rope,2 pens,extra gloves,,took out 3 -.270 rounds,don't need them yet,,shot my bow ,checked trail cams and had many deer on it,,today get down 2 climbers from garage to check out and take one up to my land this week,,,,also have to sight in rifles and BP before bow opens...anyone else getting ready!!!!!!!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Who is getting ready
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2016, 11:22:50 AM »
I'm ready..  I might even get out opening morning of bow this year..... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »
I'm ready..  I might even get out opening morning of bow this year..... ;D
Yeah Right  ::) ::) ::) I'm starting to get amped up, later than usual for me but I got my target out and will be flinging arrows all week, and dig out the camo ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline FreezinGator

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »
I am getting a late start this year too - I did put in a food plot near my favorite apple tree due to lack of apples which looks good and have plenty of deer on the cams.  Going out to shoot the bow and crossbow here in a bit.  It seems like there are more leaves on the trees than normal but we still have a couple weeks til bow opens.  I have the 1st thru the 4th off so I should be able to clock some tree time... 8)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Offline Wnthunting

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »
I'm getting ready too .. Put a new string on my bow and the wife and I shot this afternoon

We also put up two ground blinds and brushed them in. Still getting lots of deer on the cams .. I can't wait 😁

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »
Yeah Right  ::) ::) ::)   

Unless the bass are biting.............. :P :P :P
Did you and Jim catch any perches today?
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2016, 07:19:34 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2016, 06:11:19 PM »
Just about ready, trying to get as much stuff done as I can before the opener. After 3 years of shooting decided to put the spare string I had on my bow and will keep the other as a backup; made new wool puffs and tied on 2 nocks, just about have it shot in and tuned. Fletched up some new arrows and replaced some feathers that were getting worn. Need to get a new valve cover gasket installed on my ATV, started leaking last spring and burning on the exhaust, not good with the smell; can only use it at one spot that is best early archery (and late season) before the other guys that hunt there show up.

Looks like the weather will finally break and the temps will be dropping just in time for the bow opener next Tuesday.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2016, 05:53:16 AM »
Hey Capt.JJ ,are you using a rifle or going with your long bow again....in regular season.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2016, 08:19:13 AM »
Plan on sticking with the recurve, but I might break out the rifle for the first time in years to take a buddy out a few times. Heading back to OH early November after taking last year off so I will miss some of the rut in NY, depending on how I do out there.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline reeleyz

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »
I am about ready. Checked my NZ stands the other day. Not a lot of sign but some good action on the cameras.

I have been shooting when I can. I plan on shooting with broad heads in the next few days.

Keep us posted on your Ohio trip CaptJJ. That is always a good read.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 23, 2016, 04:57:48 AM »
Just checked cam 3,cam 3 is under a wild apple tree ,many pics of a spiker and 2 doe and fawns,,cam 1 and 2,7 point ,4pt,and acouple smaller bucks this week,,looks good.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 23, 2016, 07:33:51 AM »
Strange preseason for me. Cameras are showing lots of bucks but only two shooters on my 90 acres. Iv done 3 recon sits where I sit a few hundred yards away from where the deer feed in the "field" and have only seen 1 doe. But I'm seeing a lot of bucks, mostly small 6s and spikes. I have seen the one shooter 8 come into the field each night i sat it but have yet to see the big ten or any yearlings. Kinda weird for my spot hoping increased coyote activity hasn't pushed them to the neighbors. I took 3 yotes off the property last year hopefully i can get a bunch out of there this year too.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2016, 07:04:17 AM »
Climber is in place,but lost a turn knob on the way up.but what I will do is bring a 1/2" wrench and take off the other knobs and tighten up all the bolts so no-one can take it off the tree unless they have a wrench,lastyear someone cut my tag rope twice,but never moved or took my climber,cams are watching it,,about 10 different bucks so far on 3 cams..

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »
My stands and blind are up, just have the climber so I can move if need be. Need to organize my gear and wash my clothes, would have done it this weekend but I am stuck on the couch with the flu  :-[ Might have to miss the opener Oct 1st if I can not stop the coughing and hacking...

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »
My stands and blind are up, just have the climber so I can move if need be. Need to organize my gear and wash my clothes, would have done it this weekend but I am stuck on the couch with the flu  :-[ Might have to miss the opener Oct 1st if I can not stop the coughing and hacking...
Hope you get well soon Depo .....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal