Author Topic: Where's all the deer at  (Read 5316 times)

Offline jibbs

• Forked
Re: Where's all the deer at
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »
nothing for me ranger... 8)
Chuck Norris doesn't bathe like the rest of us. The only baths Chuck Norris takes are bloodbaths

Offline The Butcher

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2013, 09:04:35 AM »
Had this spike come it today. Trigger finger is getting really itchy.....don't know how many more I can let walk....

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »
nice video butcher, i hear ya on the itchy trigger finger at least you got them moving in ive sat 15 times and seen 2 deer haha and that was in the begining of the season.. the big boy will show himself soon for ya with all the does you have been seeing
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
Had one take off behind me last night as I was packing up my climber not sure how it snuck up on me the leaves where super crunchy. Seen a doe tonight but I don't have a tag for a doe in the zone I was in. So at least I seem to be around them the last couple nights.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
nothing today, yesterday nothing either but walking out on the skidder trail after dark just before the trail head I bumped one, could see a faint flag but when I got up to where it would of been bumped from the whole area reeked, smelled like someone dumped a bottle of tinks right before I got there. Things are heating up, scrapes around me are being cleaned nightly......
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2013, 08:24:47 AM »
i haven't been out since monday.  you guys are getting me pumped!  nice video jared!

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2013, 09:50:21 AM »
grabbin one of my stands out of another part of the state tommorow mornign and putting in an area i hunt in unit M but looked at some topos and found a nice pinch point near a ridge that im going to try hunting.. plan on hunting it sat morning and evening
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2013, 09:58:26 AM »
nothing today, yesterday nothing either but walking out on the skidder trail after dark just before the trail head I bumped one, could see a faint flag but when I got up to where it would of been bumped from the whole area reeked, smelled like someone dumped a bottle of tinks right before I got there. Things are heating up, scrapes around me are being cleaned nightly......
My buddy watched a 10 work a scrape today at 15 yards, but somehow he didn't give him a shot.... Man that has to get the heart pumping :o :o :o There is a bigger 8 that one of his uncles saw too. Both deer just showed up in the last 2 days, they are getting antsy  8)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2013, 10:07:59 AM »
The really killer part if you believe the rut revolves around the moon phase (ala Charley Alsheimer) is that the does won't come into heat and pair up until something like 11/20 .....  that's a lot of time for one of those lust craved bucks to be running around  8)

I have a nice big one actively working a couple of scrapes for two weeks now and i saw a tree all rubbed it this week .... and now it looks like the weather broke too and we will get some cold weather to boot!
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2013, 10:09:26 AM by ship of fools »

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2013, 10:34:58 AM »
The really killer part if you believe the rut revolves around the moon phase (ala Charley Alsheimer) is that the does won't come into heat and pair up until something like 11/20 .....  that's a lot of time for one of those lust craved bucks to be running around  8)

I have a nice big one actively working a couple of scrapes for two weeks now and i saw a tree all rubbed it this week .... and now it looks like the weather broke too and we will get some cold weather to boot!

should be a lot of deer hitting the ground this weekend being the opener of nothern zone gun...I didnt get enough bow time in though might see where the closest state land in southern zone is and make a trip down
Take a Kid outside...

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
should be a lot of deer hitting the ground this weekend being the opener of nothern zone gun...I didnt get enough bow time in though might see where the closest state land in southern zone is and make a trip down
I hear ya, but I want some more meat in the freezer so I'm toting the rifle. I have 2 doe tags for NZ and would really like to tag out this year. My In-are out of venison and I don't want to run out in the spring again. If I fill both tags, or even one I will head south with the bow next weekend.
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal