Author Topic: hamilton county  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Bassmaster16

• Spiked
hamilton county
« on: Oct 23, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »
Was wondering if anyone has ever hunted hamilton county. I've been looking at the siamese ponds area. Seems to be the most remote. Not looking for any spots but more of tips/ techniques or types of terrain guys have had success with. Do the bucks prefer  to run the peaks in the beech's or will they run the low grounds through the swamps and marsh's. Looking for an area to start scouting around and take off from there. Thanks

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: hamilton county
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2016, 08:52:19 AM »
PM sent.  ;)
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline fatman

• 6 Pointer
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
Re: hamilton county
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2016, 08:25:02 AM »
That's a very open question, with many variables.  The biggest ones being the weather, amount of snow, temperature and obviously the rut.  With that being said, Hamilton County has many good places to hunt and to enjoy the outdoors.  If your unfamiliar with the Adirondacks, I recommend you start simple.  Stick to a snow machine trail or off a hiking trail.  Carry a map, compass and a spare compass.  Invest in GPS if you have the funds.   Don't expect to see a deer every time you step in the woods in the Adk's.   Like anything in life, to be good you must put in some serious time!!  Safe Hunting
No matter how big a deer is. You can only put a little piece on your fork at a time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal