Author Topic: Biggest racoon  (Read 19014 times)

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
Biggest racoon
« on: Dec 10, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »
Whats the biggest racoon you have ever caught? I got one that went 31 1/2 pounds a couple days ago will post a pice later.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Biggest racoon
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »
Sounds like a monster congrats. Are you going get him mounted for the living room?

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
Na he's headed to the fur buyer in a few minutes.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »
Here is a picture of the big guy. He's the one one the bottom of the stack:

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »
We got one withg hounds a number of years ago that was over 40 lbs. Had a guy ask us to clean out the coon's in his barn. He was feeding bread to his cattle and stored barrels of it in his barn and there were dozens of coons making a mess of the place. Figured the old boar was living the life of Riley for a few years eating bread and donuts before we got him.
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2008, 09:20:16 AM »
Wow slt 40lbs gotta be a world record. I wander what the biggest racoon is?

Offline deerme117

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2008, 11:01:56 AM »

Pet Raccoon Weighing 75 Pounds Dies

PALMERTON, Pa. - A junk-food crazed critter billed as the world's weightiest raccoon has died, ending a 10-year life marked by more than a few midnight snacks.

Bandit will no longer raid his owner's pantry, hunting down chips and cheese curls, Fruit Loops and French Fries.

"I haven't been eating, I haven't been sleeping," a bereaved Deborah "Pepper" Klitsch said Monday, two days after health problems forced her to euthanize her favorite pet.

Klitsch - who lives in Palmerton, about 90 miles west of New York City - denied the occasional charge that she overfed the rotund raccoon, whose weight ballooned to nearly 75 pounds, three times the average for his breed.

He was born with a bad thyroid gland, Klitsch said.

When he hit 52.5 pounds in 1999, Bandit's girth garnered him a spot in Guinness World Records.

Klitsch vowed to lock her cabinets, but Bandit continued to plump up, registering 54.4 pounds in late 1999, then 64.9 pounds in 2001 and finally pushing past 70.

Klitsch, a foster mother, told the tale to various news outlets, including a British radio show, and Bandit snagged a spot on cable TV's Food Network.

Back home, the raccoon was a regular at Ice Cream World, where owner Tim Pitts would watch him sit in Klitsch's sport utility vehicle, holding a cup of blue raspberry Slush with his paws and drinking through a straw.

"He was a good customer," Pitts said. He had sold a birthday cake for Bandit a few days before he died.

Klitsch believes that Bandit always thought he was a dog.

Her Collie had raised him as one of her pups, nursing the young animal and giving him tongue baths.

He started to decline this spring, following the deaths of two of the puppies he had grown up with. Bandit had also developed a cancer-like growth on his side.

"I could see he was suffering, because he stopped eating," Klitsch said. "In the whole entire world he was my best friend."
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2008, 11:05:13 AM by deerme117 »

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »

In all fairness they wern't certified scales, just an old set of butchers scales in an old barn but they were close enough. Guess I shouldn't shoot my mouth off with no way to back it up but I was there.  Big old boar and what I remember most is that he smelled to high heaven.......
Fight crime. Shoot back!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal