Author Topic: Trail camera problems  (Read 8467 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Trail camera problems
« on: Jul 21, 2009, 01:59:18 PM »
I had a very unexpected problem with my two trail cameras, was wondering if I was the only one. A couple weeks ago I went to change the card in the camera I had out and it was full of ants. I knocked as many of them out as I could and left the camera were it was, also put out the second camera. So two weeks later when I go back out to the first camera all the little red ants are dead or gone until I open the side and carpenter ants literally come pouring out. Now on the second one I have little red ants. ARGH. All I can think to do is to put some of those ant bait things in the camera to kill them off when they first show up. Any other ideas?

Offline larz

• Forked
Re: Trail camera problems
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2009, 07:17:49 AM »
go to walmart and get some liquid torro and fashion a piece of cardboard to fit in your camera body put a small amount of torro on cardboard if you are putting out the cam get it sucure to the tree before youset up your bait. the ants love it and take it back for the colony to feed the rest and  no more ants.I put some of this on a piece of cardboard in my bathroom cause of an ant problem and when i got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night the ants were thre or four high on top of each other to get at the torro and i never seen an ant again. I have had spiders form a web across the len on my trail cam before. 

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »
Was it a Moultrie? I have heard a few guys say they had the same problem on a different site.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »
Nevermind already answered my questions when I just saw your pics. Must be something about Moultrie's although I have never had an ant problem in mine.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »
Yeh, I don't get it. My father has one also and his got infested too. I'm just goint to leave some of those little poison houses around them so if they show up, they'll get snuffed out before they move in. I really like the cameras except that they're triggering to easily with the wind blowing branches around.

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2009, 06:22:04 PM »
Don't miss the buck of a lifetime, get a Cuddyback. Cheeks out!!! 8)
"You see it your way... I see it the way it is."

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »
Don't miss the buck of a lifetime, get a Cuddyback. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Just curious how is the battery life with them?

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2009, 08:33:44 PM »
4 D batteries lasted me well over 2 months last year. I use energizers. Cheeks out!!! 8)
"You see it your way... I see it the way it is."

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2009, 07:16:39 AM »
my wildview took 75 photos of a tree limb --Yesterday A bear gave it a wack and turned it around the tree,my other camera took the bear photo...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal