Author Topic: Herb Philipson's  (Read 4759 times)

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
Herb Philipson's
« on: Jul 25, 2007, 08:38:11 PM »
Any of you NewYorkers shop at any of their 6 sporting goods stores? What do you think?
I am interested because I may want to work there as well as shop!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
Re: Herb Philipson's
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2007, 07:58:36 AM »
I stopp in to the Oneida store every once in a while.  They recently changes the store around and have a larger selection of hunting and fishing items.  Sometimes they seem to have a very limited selection of the things we're looking for.  Not a bad place if you hit it right.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »
Sometimes they carry stuff that's just a little bit different, and that alone is worth the stop.  Most of the regular clothes are usually quite reasonably priced too.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2007, 11:50:55 AM »
Don't for get the free tailoring with any cloths purchase.   ;)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2007, 04:46:50 PM »
Came out of the Watertown store empty-handed on Friday.  I think that's a first ever.  Fishing selection was way down.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2007, 07:16:55 PM »
Opening Day in Liverpool is Sept 26
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »
Never heard of it. Where are their stores located?
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2007, 03:55:57 PM »
herkimer, new hartford, rome watertown and onieda

Offline jager61

• Forked
  • Waidmannsheil!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »
I live in lower Ny (Putnam Co.) and my best friend lives in Utica.  I visit him several times each year and always for the opener of N. Tier Muzzleloader.  Stopping at Herb's in New Hartford is an absolute must!  Doesn't matter for what - it's just a neat store becasue we don't really have a good old down home outdoorsman's store where I live.  They have a great selection and reasonable prices.  I always find something I either forgot or didn't realize I needed!

Mike

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2007, 05:47:21 PM »
Exactly.  Buddy and I went to Canada a few years ago Halloween weekend to fish.  Stopped at Herb's in Watertown to pick up hats and gloves.  Good thing too, since there was ice skimmed on the boat cover the next morning.

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2007, 08:12:24 PM »
Looking forward to the opener in Liverpool, I have never been there

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2007, 05:34:36 PM »
Just wanted to check back about Herb Phillipsons
spent $250.00 without batting an eye.  Great store and real good prices on most items

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal