Author Topic: deer cocaine  (Read 16189 times)

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
deer cocaine
« on: Oct 10, 2005, 01:43:02 PM »
Just wondering if anybody uses this stuff. I was scouting a spot to hunt on a friends farm yesterday and there was a spot where he had a block of this and it was completely torn up. They loved it.  Does anyone know who makes it?
Adam

Offline bayonne

• Forked
Re: deer cocaine
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2005, 05:51:59 PM »
bass pro and cabelas carry it and some of the bigger shops will aswell they carry a number of things that work plain old salt blocks will work great aswell morton puts them out for warter softeners home depot carry them

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2005, 06:45:18 PM »
Just be sure to check local game laws before hunting over this stuff and make sure it's legal in your area......

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2005, 07:44:01 PM »
baiting has been legal in nj for some time now most use corn but they eat it to fast with the salt or other mineral blocks it seeps into the soil and they will dig to get at it exept on federal land thats not allowed even the blaze orange is more thier its doubled

Offline Icedude

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2005, 12:04:39 AM »
we bought some deer cocaine. just buy salt. you can get the cocaine at rural king or tractor supply, walmart. if you find a bag and read the ingredents you will see that it is 95% sodium, 5% minerals. the deer work it ok . but they work the areas we have used table salt just as well. we paid about 6 bucks for 8lb bag i think is what it is. but table salt is 12C a pound.

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2005, 12:17:42 AM »
Yeah, its pretty much sold everywhere, but if you find bio-logic wildlife addiction blocks, they work fantastic, way better than salt.  Even in the dead of winter, they will visit it everyday and just lick it till its gone, and paw the ground and lick at nothing for months afterward.  I have only tried it once, and I put it where there wasn't much deer traffic, and they flocked to it.  I baught 30 blocks of it at gander mountain, but I have not used any of it.  I just don't need to.  Deer hunting is easy enough, but if I want to watch deer at the house or something I am sure I will use them up someday. 

MASTERGUIDE

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2005, 08:55:48 AM »
Just be sure to check local game laws before hunting over this stuff and make sure it's legal in your area......
Thanks, I won't be hunting over it though, it's just a supplement
Adam

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2005, 10:07:19 AM »
I've found that putting out Trace mineral blocks from Tractor supply in January and again in April is the best time to do it. One in helps keep the deer on your property. Two it helps with their nutrition through the winter and with antler development in the spring and summer. Three the Blocks are usually melted/ eaten by the time september roles around so you don't have to worry about bringing the mineral blocks back in from the woods. Plus mineral blocks are a lot cheaper than Deer cocane. almost the same ingredients too.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal