Author Topic: The Swing Seat  (Read 5428 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
The Swing Seat
« on: Dec 17, 2009, 07:51:29 AM »
Lot's of talk of stolen stands,safety accessories and such this season.This is what i use for a tree stand 98% of the time.It's home made,doesn't look like much but it is very quiet to get into,portable,comfortable,can't get stolen because all i have is a set of screw in pegs in the tree when i leave and they are real hard to see unless you know their there. i put 4 steps at the top where i have my feet one at every 90 degrees so you can swing around the tree when in it. it has a retractable dog leash for a haul line that works awesome. i just put it at ground level for the pictures but it would be up as high as you want.

the back has a heavy cloth band that get's pulled up. You wear it with the rope over your shoulder climb up,put the tether around the tree, hook the seat to the tether and slide the seat down under you.I adjust the height by sliding a prussic up and down the tether.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
Re: The Swing Seat
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2009, 11:42:49 AM »
Looks like a good setup, Question how do attach it to the tree? is it just a rope tied around the tree? you can go 360 degrees around the tree?
Then it would be better then a stand, you would never have an awkward angle to shoot from.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
Looks like a good setup, Question how do attach it to the tree? is it just a rope tied around the tree? you can go 360 degrees around the tree?
Then it would be better then a stand, you would never have an awkward angle to shoot from.
The tether is about 4 feet of rope,with a loop on one end. I wrap that around the tree as high as i can reach and cinch it tight. The Tail that hangs down has a prussic knot with a caribiner to hook to the seat. The prussic slides up and down to adjust your leg position. I use all line and caribiner's rated for climbing. It's just like the rope that comes with many harnesses to tie off with. With a gun you can fire 360 degrees,I cannot shoot my bow directly to the right, I maybe have 270 degrees with the bow.Just because the rope for the seat is in the way. By facing the tree most of you is hidden and you can swing almost silent around.No seat noise or standing to get the angle you need for the shot.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
pretty sweet looking settup bog man!!  Thanks for posting it!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline chimo

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2009, 07:08:14 AM »
Sweet set up!  Might have to see if I can put one of these together!!  good hunting

chimo

Offline Madpuppy

• 6 Pointer
  • SAPA SUMANITU TAKA
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »
I'm thinking patent, that is ingenious. I would look at marketability.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2009, 04:01:13 AM »
Looks comfy after you get settled in Bog. ? do you use a safety strap other than the climbing belt.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:15:44 AM »
I use the linemans belt while climbing the tree, securing the tether loop and getting the seat under me. you need both hands to get it all set.Once i am in and have the back band pulled up i unhook the belt. my brother and i have both tried to find a way to fall out while testing it at ground level and i don't think you can the only way you could come out of the seat is to slide foward and then the line catches you under the arms.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:19:44 AM »
I'm thinking patent, that is ingenious. I would look at marketability.
  Can't do it. We stole the idea from a friend we hunt with,we have refined the design though. ;D ;D ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:44:26 AM »
Seems as though with all the money we hunters shell out for equipment there would be enough to include him in the company! Just have to make enough to cover the patent fees.

Offline Madpuppy

• 6 Pointer
  • SAPA SUMANITU TAKA
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »
  Can't do it. We stole the idea from a friend we hunt with,we have refined the design though. ;D ;D ;D
Partners maybe.
 ;D  ;D
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal