Author Topic: Kill the Coyotes, now they are killing Horses!  (Read 6086 times)

Offline holden222

• 6 Pointer
Re: Kill the Coyotes, now they are killing Horses!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2009, 06:45:16 PM »
The state needs to encourage trappers and trapping again. I am sick of all the put downs of trapping. I myself do not do it but I know some people who do. I wish there were more out there. The state should offer bounty's for trappers it would bring the sport back and hopefully help out with the over population problem that we so clearly have. Pelts are not worth anything now thanks to PETA and animal lovers so I think it's time for Maine to step it up. Bounty's seem like a good start in forming a solution...

Offline Litchfield Hunter

• 6 Pointer
Re: Kill the Coyotes, now they are killing Horses!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
The state needs to encourage trappers and trapping again. I am sick of all the put downs of trapping. I myself do not do it but I know some people who do. I wish there were more out there. The state should offer bounty's for trappers it would bring the sport back and hopefully help out with the over population problem that we so clearly have. Pelts are not worth anything now thanks to PETA and animal lovers so I think it's time for Maine to step it up. Bounty's seem like a good start in forming a solution...
I agree, I have trapped in the past but not in the last two years, after spending 35$ on a liscence, and a hundred dollars in gas to check traps daily, I'm just to busy and can't afford to trap anymore but with a bounty...
Its not a passion its an obsession

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal