Author Topic: Ice,Heat,Bad Move  (Read 2367 times)

Offline seags

• 6 Pointer
Ice,Heat,Bad Move
« on: Jan 28, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »
Hi All,
 I did a bad move.
On Wednesday morning, my knee and ankles where hurting me, my plan was to find a new knee-leg Doc on Monday -Tuesday.
  On Wednesday morning I had tea and had a zip-lock bag of crushed ice on my knee for about 40 minutes or so. I felt semi good; so around lunch time I had whiskey, a giant ham sandwich and looked at the news-paper, as I got up I felt my knee felt new pain.
 I thought to myself I am going to put those hot-hands the shaker kind on my knee have a whiskey and work on my arrow box down stairs by my shop table that way I can have my knee elevated with the heat pad. (I am OK going down-stairs, going up the stairs is freak show).
 My arrow box is coming along very well, I have Doug Fir for the base, the back side is clear white pine and the two sides are red cedar, after clamping and gluing.
   The neighbor guy called me to stop over have coffee and see if I could read some serial numbers on some worn out wrenches so he could trade them in.
  I told him give 5 minutes and I will be over, I took the heat pad and put in my pocket, I did not to waste the heat from it, I was with the neighbor guy for about 2 hours, so when I was home dad was finishing up on a deer roast in the oven, very good I might type.
   I then watched the weather channel, threw a dip in and had a whiskey, then I was watching late night TV and scanning the ban.
After that day was over, my thigh was burning form here to I do not know where; I forgot I had the heat pad in my pocket.
 Then for the real kicker I found out yesterday I have to go to Jury duty on Monday.
I am not having a very good 2017 New Year

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Re: Ice,Heat,Bad Move
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2017, 12:15:59 PM »
What kinda whiskey you sipping on ?

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2017, 04:14:14 AM »

Thing I know about injuries is, when you first injure yourself you are supposed to ice it every 15 minutes to keep the swelling
             down, for at least 24 hours. After that heat can be applied also in intervals. The whisky helps with the pain but if you are taking
             any meds, it is not advisable to  mix the two. But people do. What the I think the pain at the end is from is over doing it and
             maybe the whisky wearing off! Go see a doctor!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »

Tell me you are a Captian Morgan guy    :) :)

Offline seags

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »

Thing I know about injuries is, when you first injure yourself you are supposed to ice it every 15 minutes to keep the swelling
             down, for at least 24 hours. After that heat can be applied also in intervals. The whisky helps with the pain but if you are taking
             any meds, it is not advisable to  mix the two. But people do. What the I think the pain at the end is from is over doing it and
             maybe the whisky wearing off! Go see a doctor!
  I have been doing low-impact exercise and on the bike for about 30 minutes twice a day.

Offline seags

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »

Tell me you are a Captian Morgan guy    :) :)
  I used to drink Old Style Beer and alot, I went to that brewery twice in the late 90's which was cool because the brew house was about an hour north from one of my bud's land, where we goose hunt and deer hunt.
   I switched to Seagrams 7 in about 2005.
Now it is any Canadian whiskey, I just pour it in shot-glass and have an ice water on the side.
I was on a gin kick for a while when I was going to school.
I do not do tequila, nor vodka, nor rum, and definitely not jack daniels.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »
  I used to drink Old Style Beer and alot, I went to that brewery twice in the late 90's which was cool because the brew house was about an hour north from one of my bud's land, where we goose hunt and deer hunt.
   I switched to Seagrams 7 in about 2005.
Now it is any Canadian whiskey, I just pour it in shot-glass and have an ice water on the side.
I was on a gin kick for a while when I was going to school.
I do not do tequila, nor vodka, nor rum, and definitely not jack daniels.
Ho boy do we have something in common . I love my Captian with ICE WATER . Most people think i am crazy nope just love the taste of the whiskey ....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal